It’s never been easier to get here! Ostrava is within easy reach by train, bus, car or plane. And you’ll be pleased to know, the festival site in Dolní Vítkovice isn’t far from the city centre.
GET TO OSTRAVA:
With Czech Railways - Colours Expres: special trains from Prague to Ostrava and back The Colours Expres departs on the 13th of July from Prague main station at 10.33 am and stops in Kolín, Pardubice, Česká Třebová and Zábřeh na Moravě. You can get off at Ostrava-Svinov station, Ostrava - main station or Ostrava - střed, which is about 700 metres from the entrance to the festival. For the return journey you can choose from two special trains. One departs on the 16th of July after the festival at 2.33 pm from Ostrava - střed, the other on Sunday the 17th of July at 11.02 am from Ostrava - main station and stops at 11.09 am in Svinov.
The nearest train stop is Ostrava - střed, from which it is about 300 metres to the venue. The main destination station of long-distance trains is Ostrava - main station, from where it is possible to reach the festival grounds by public transport (tram) or trains to Ostrava - střed, which will be reinforced at the time.
This is also a good choice – the best option is to book your ticket to the Central Bus Station which is just 500 metres from the festival site. Options include Regio Jet or FlixBus.
NIGHT RIDE HOME BY HEIMSTADEN
- Heimstaden offers convenient transport from the festival to Ostrava-Poruba, Karviná, Orlová, Havířov and Frýdek-Místek. Those interested in night connections must purchase a ticket online in advance at heimstaden.cz/cz/vezeme-vas or at the Doprava/Transportation Point stand outside the main gate during the festival. We recommend making the purchase asap!
- The buses leave from Železárenská street, the stops are about 300 metres from the main gate. You will not miss the access route to the stops, as it starts in front of the main gate and will be clearly marked by the navigation system. Download the map with the timetable as an image here, and in pdf format here.
- Donate CZK 30 by purchasing a seat ticket, the proceeds from the sale of which will be donated to support the S námi domů project, which is designed for young people leaving the gates of children's homes or foster care. Approximately 90,000 residents live in Heimstaden apartments. The company also provides spaces for almost 1,500 entrepreneurs.
By Car - my own
Please, do not drive your car to the premises, there is no car park in the area. Use the official Colours of Ostrava car park, more information here.
OFFICIAL TAXI COLOURS OF OSTRAVA
Vehicles of the official taxi provider with guaranteed prices can be found at the main entrance next to the parking lot for the Hlubina premises and on Ruská Street at the exit from VIP. Taxi vehicles will be marked with stickers.
Phone: 00420 800 22 22 33
Pricelist for 2022:
- Colours – campsite at the castle CZK 150, CZK 250 for minibus
- Colours – Landek campsite CZK 250, CZK 300 for minibus
- Colours – main railway station CZK 200
- Colours – Svinov railway station CZK 300
- Colours – Mošnov airport CZK 600
- Colours – Katowice airport CZK 2,600
- Colours – Krakov airport CZK 3,500
- Colours – J. z Poděbrad square, Vítkovice CZK 150
Ostrava – Mošnov is the nearest airport.
The river Ostravice runs right beside the festival site. Unfortunately there is no direct access to the site – it’s separated by train tracks and a fence. For this reason we recommend disembarking further downstream and then walking.
By tram - public transport
Trams 1 and 2 - stops Dolní Vítkovice Hlubina and Dolní Vítkovice
TRANSPORT IN OSTRAVA
- on foot from the centre in about 10 minutes from Forum Nová Karolina, past the Ostrava - střed train station and entering the premises from this side
- You have to buy a valid ticket for public transport, the festival ticket or wristband is NOT valid as a travel ticket; it is also possible to pay directly in the vehicle by credit card or use an SMS ticket in advance.
- the Ostrava Transport Company has prepared a special week-long Festival Ticket valid for the whole week during the Colours of Ostrava festival on all public transport connections.
- The Festival Ticket is valid for the whole week from 11th to 17th July 2022.
- You can buy the Festival Ticket online here.
- Purchase your Festival Ticket online only. The Festival Ticket will be loaded onto a chip that is an integral part of the festival wristband when you exchange your ticket for a festival wristband. You can also use Colours locations to do this without waiting.
- Price: 220 CZK
- Where valid: The Festival Ticket is valid only on connections of the Ostrava Transport Company.
- Transport inspections
- Passengers with a Festival Ticket are obliged to present a valid Festival Ticket charged to the festival wristband chip or ID band (the festival wristband and ID band must be attached to the wrist) during transport inspection. The festival wristband does not need to touch the check-in terminal when boarding and exiting the vehicle. The Festival Ticket is only valid from 11th-17th July 2022 and is non-transferable.
- Public transport is reinforced at the end of the night programme. The timetable for individual days can be found here. However, we recommend that you walk about 10 minutes to the centre of Ostrava for other night connections
- the best way to get to the venue is by tram: no. 1 and 2 - stops Dolní Vítkovice Hlubina and Dolní Vítkovice
- how to get from the tent city at the Silesian Ostrava Castle to the site: by tram in 8 minutes: stop Důl Zárubek by the castle - tram no. 4, change at the Karolina stop to no. 1 or 2 - Dolní Vítkovice Hlubina or Dolní Vítkovice. More information about the connection here