We’re so close! Ostrava is easy to reach by train, bus as well as by plane. The festival site in Dolní Vítkovice is a short walk or tram ride to the city centre.
- Public transport: lines 1 and 2 - stops Dolní Vítkovice Hlubina and Dolní Vítkovice. Public transport is reinforced at the end of the night programme. Use the so-called Festival Ticket valid for the whole week, which you can charge to your festival wristband. More info here.
- Heimstaden offers convenient transport from the festival to Ostrava-Poruba, Karviná, Orlová, Havířov and Frýdek-Místek. More info here.
- The Colours Expres train from Prague to Ostrava and back will operate on the 13th and 17th of July 2022. More information here
- Parking: we recommend using public transport or walking. We strongly recommend parking in the festival car parks. More information here
It’s never been easier to get here! Ostrava is within easy reach by train, bus, car or plane. And you’ll be pleased to know, the festival site in Dolní Vítkovice isn’t far from the city centre.
GET TO OSTRAVA:
- By train with ČD - Colours Expres: special trains from Prague to Ostrava and back: the Colours Expres departs from Prague at 10:40 a.m. on Wednesday 19 July and stops in Kolín, Pardubice, Česká Třebová and Zábřeh na Moravě. You can get off at Ostrava-Svinov, Ostrava hl. n. or Ostrava střed station, which is about 700 metres from the entrance to the festival. The return special will depart from Ostrava hl. n. station at 11:01 a.m. on Sunday 23 July and stop at Ostrava-Svinov station at 11:09 a.m. On these trains, the normal fare with all discounts and the compulsory seat ticket is CZK 35. For those who want to leave right after the festival, there will be a night connection again, departing from Ostrava Střed at 2:35 a.m. and from Ostrava hl.n. at 2:40 a.m., the train will be stopped for boarding at Ostrava Střed station at 2:15 a.m. After stops in Přerov, Olomouc, Zábřeh na Moravě, Česká Třebová, Ústí nad Orlicí, Chocni, Pardubice and Kolín, the train will arrive in Prague hl. n. at 6:48 a.m. More information and advance ticket sales here.
- The nearest train stop is Ostrava - střed, from which it is about 300 metres to the venue. The main destination station of long-distance trains is Ostrava - main station, from where it is possible to reach the festival grounds by public transport (tram) or trains to Ostrava - střed, which will be reinforced at the time.
This is also a good choice – the best option is to book your ticket to the Central Bus Station which is just 500 metres from the festival site. Options include Regio Jet or FlixBus.
NIGHT RIDE HOME BY HEIMSTADEN
- Heimstaden offers convenient transport from the festival to Ostrava-Poruba, Karviná, Orlová, Havířov and Frýdek-Místek. Those interested in night connections must purchase a ticket online in advance at heimstaden.cz/cz/vezeme-vas or at the Doprava/Transportation Point stand outside the main gate during the festival. We recommend making the purchase asap!
- The buses leave from Železárenská street, the stops are about 300 metres from the main gate. You will not miss the access route to the stops, as it starts in front of the main gate and will be clearly marked by the navigation system. Download the map with the timetable as an image here, and in pdf format here.
- Donate CZK 30 by purchasing a seat ticket, the proceeds from the sale of which will be donated to support the S námi domů project, which is designed for young people leaving the gates of children's homes or foster care. Approximately 90,000 residents live in Heimstaden apartments. The company also provides spaces for almost 1,500 entrepreneurs.
By Car - my own
Please, do not drive your car to the premises, there is no car park in the area. Use the official Colours of Ostrava car park, more information here.
OFFICIAL TAXI COLOURS OF OSTRAVA
Vehicles of the official taxi provider with guaranteed prices can be found at the main entrance next to the parking lot for the Hlubina premises and on Ruská Street at the exit from VIP. Taxi vehicles will be marked with stickers.
Phone: 00420 800 22 22 33
Pricelist for 2023:
- Colours – campsite at the castle CZK 150, CZK 250 for minibus
- Colours – Landek campsite CZK 250, CZK 300 for minibus
- Colours – main railway station CZK 200
- Colours – Svinov railway station CZK 300
- Colours – Mošnov airport CZK 600
- Colours – Katowice airport CZK 2,600
- Colours – Krakov airport CZK 3,500
Ostrava – Mošnov is the nearest airport.
The river Ostravice runs right beside the festival site. Unfortunately there is no direct access to the site – it’s separated by train tracks and a fence. For this reason we recommend disembarking further downstream and then walking.
By tram - public transport
Trams 1 and 2 - stops Dolní Vítkovice Hlubina and Dolní Vítkovice
TRANSPORT IN OSTRAVA
- on foot from the centre in about 10 minutes from Forum Nová Karolina, past the Ostrava - střed train station and entering the premises from this side
- You have to buy a valid ticket for public transport, the festival ticket or wristband is NOT valid as a travel ticket; it is also possible to pay directly in the vehicle by credit card or use an SMS ticket in advance.
Festival ticket 2023 on public transport:
- the Ostrava Transport Company has prepared a special week-long Festival Ticket valid for the whole week during the Colours of Ostrava festival on all public transport connections.
Ticket validity: 17 - 23 July 2023
Price: 220 CZK incl. VAT
The Festival Ticket will be available for purchase in the MojeDPO app this year without registration, provided that it is paid for with a credit card. For any complaints, the customer can use the e-mail address email@example.com, provided that he/she reports the e-mail address used to send the tax receipt for the ticket and the variable symbol from the online banking. The tax document can also be obtained at dpo.cz/jizdne after entering the e-mail address and variable symbol.
Proofing at the transport control is done visually, i.e. the customer has to show the detail of the ticket with protective elements. The ticket is valid only on DPO connections, but the passenger must wear a festival wristband, otherwise the ticket is invalid.
- the best way to get to the venue is by tram: no. 1 and 2 - stops Dolní Vítkovice Hlubina and Dolní Vítkovice
- how to get from the tent city at the Silesian Ostrava Castle to the site: by tram in 8 minutes: stop Důl Zárubek by the castle - tram no. 4, change at the Karolina stop to no. 1 or 2 - Dolní Vítkovice Hlubina or Dolní Vítkovice. More information about the connection here