Please see information for 2019 edition of the festival, for 2020 to be updated soon
This year, we once again look forward to welcoming guests with a ZTP (severe disability) card or a ZTP/P (severe disability requiring a guide) card, for whom we have prepared our usual above-standard services. Thanks to our services, we believe that our festival will not only welcome more handicapped visitors than ever from the Czech Republic, but also from abroad.
As part of the Colours Without Barriers project, which we have organised in conjunction with our project partner Česká pošta, we strive to facilitate the festival stay of these visitors, so that they can enjoy the music and other parts of the festival programme in the attractive wheelchair-accessible area of Dolní Vítkovice without having to worry about a thing.
As well as the usual benefits and services, last year we introduced a range of new features for our visitors with visual and hearing impairments. These new additions were met with a positive response.
For visually impaired visitors, we have once again prepared a practical guidebook about the project in braille with a tactile plan of the site and a special 3D tactical model of Auditorium Gong.
Visitors with hearing impairments can enjoy selected lectures of the Meltingpot Forum discussion interpreted in sign language. Even selected concerts of Czech and foreign bands will be interpreted.
For a number of years, our standard service has included discounted ticket prices for ZTP and ZTP/P card holders, free admission for a person accompanying a ZTP/P card holder, special grandstands, wheelchair-accessible transport within the City of Ostrava, or the option of booking a trained assistant free of charge.
We arrange wheelchair-accessible accommodation for disabled visitors at hotels in Ostrava according to availability. We also offer these visitors the opportunity to book a place in the festival tent city, including a parking space. It is also possible to book a parking space directly at the entrance to the main festival site.
For increased comfort of our disabled visitors and disabled visitors requiring a guide, we have concentrated all important services in one place at the main entrance to the festival site. At this location, you will find an Info Point and the Colours Without Barriers ticket office, a wheelchair-accessible taxi rank and a car park reserved exclusively for disabled visitors, including those requiring a guide.
As of 15 May 2019, you will be able to contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone on (+420) 731 932 768, where we will be happy to provide all necessary information on the project and where you will be able to book the services described below.
The partner of the project Colours Without Barriers is Česká pošta, a. s.
1. Discounted admission fee:
- possibility for ZTP and ZTP/P card holders to purchase four-day festival tickets for a special price of CZK 750
- tickets can only be purchased on the festival site at the separate Colours Without Barriers ticket office located by the main entrance to the site
- for quick service at the ticket office, however, visitors can book tickets in advance by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (+420 731 932 768) – we will register the name, surname, card number and name of an accompanying person. It is only possible to purchase one discounted four-day ticket per ZTP card.
- it is only possible to purchase one discounted four-day ticket per ZTP/P card, including free admission for an accompanying person
- if the visitor is a minor of up to 15 years of age holding a ZTP/P card, the accompanying person shall pay CZK 750
- we also accept disabled citizen cards issued by other EU member states
2. Services for hearing impaired visitors:
- option of booking an assistant, who masters the basics of sign language, in advance (this service is free of charge)
- selected lectures and discussions of the Meltingpot Forum will be interpreted in Czech sign language
- selected concerts of Czech performers will be interpreted in artistic sign language by the group Hands Dance.
- all of these selected lectures and concerts will be marked in our information materials and on our website with a pictogram for the deaf and hard of hearing:
3. New services for visually impaired visitors:
- option of booking an assistant with special training required for accompanying visually impaired people in advance; this service is free of charge
- a practical guidebook in braille
- a tactile plan of the site with markings of all festival stages
- visitors can borrow a 3D tactical model of the Auditorium Gong in the foyer of the auditorium, where they will also find the ticket selling point for performances taking place in the auditorium
- the 3D model of Auditorium Gong is lightweight and portable. Visually impaired visitors can borrow it in exchange for a refundable deposit of CZK 200. Thanks to the model, these visitors can better imagine the space where our most attractive lectures, concerts and theatrical performances are held.
4. Booking wheelchair-accessible accommodation:
- option of booking wheelchair-accessible accommodation at hotels in Ostrava with wheelchair-accessible rooms
- please be aware that the capacity of wheelchair-accessible accommodation in Ostrava is limited and requests will be handled on a first-come-first-served basis
- each individual shall cover their own accommodation costs
- the deadline for bookings is 6 July 2019
5. Wheelchair-accessible tent city next to the festival site:
- this year we will once again be offering visitors wheelchair-accessible accommodation at the festival camp next to the Colours of Ostrava site
- an area of the campsite next to the festival site will be especially designated for disabled visitors with ZTP and ZTP/P cards, where the following will be offered:
- 20 tents which we put up, each of which is intended for two people – free accommodation
- 20 places for putting up your own tent – space provided free of charge
- 10 parking spaces free of charge
- capacity at the tent city is limited, so it is necessary to book a tent, place to put up your own tent and parking space in advance
- places in the tent city must be booked by 16 July 2019
- based on a tent city booking, we will issue and send you a voucher containing a barcode by e-mail
- after printing out the voucher, you will be entitled to access the tent city
- as well as presenting the voucher, you will also need to present a valid ZTP, or ZTP/P card to enter the tent city
- voucher holders will be able to purchase discounted tickets for CZK 750 at the campsite itself, so disabled visitors won’t need to buy tickets from the special Colours Without Barriers ticket office by the main entrance to the festival site
- without an advance booking (without a voucher) we will not be able to guarantee you accommodation on our campsite
6. Booking parking spaces:
- 50 free parking spaces have been reserved in the car park next to the festival site for ZTP and ZTP/P card holders
- 10 free parking spaces have been reserved in the campsite car park (see point 5)
- parking spaces must be booked by 16 July 2019
- based on a booking, we will issue and send you a voucher containing a barcode by e-mail
- after printing out the voucher, you will be entitled to use the parking space
- as well as presenting the voucher, you will also need to present a valid ZTP, or ZTP/P card on site
- without an advance booking (without a voucher) you will not be permitted to park on the site
7. Transportation around Ostrava city by wheelchair-accessible taxi (so-called BB TAXI):
- journeys will only be possible within the city limits of Ostrava and its suburbs that form part of the public city transport network
- journeys to the festival will be available until 5 p.m. on festival dates
- journeys to the festival can be booked in advance by calling a phone number that is designated exclusively for booking wheelchair-accessible transport: (+420) 732 253 505; the number will be in use from 9 July 2019
- for journeys from the festival there will be a special BB TAXI stop at the main entrance to the site with its own timetable
- at regular intervals between 7 p.m. and 2 a.m., two wheelchair-accessible BB TAXIs will depart from the festival site and take you to your hotel, the railway station or your home within the city limits
- wheelchair-accessible transport fees are split into three city zones:
- ZONE I. (Vítkovice, Moravská Ostrava and Přívoz, Mariánské Hory and Hulváky) – CZK 20/person/journey
- ZONE II. (Slezská Ostrava, Ostrava-Jih, Nová Ves, Poruba, Třebovice, Svinov, Martinov, Pustkovec) – CZK 30/person/journey
- ZONE III. (Michálkovice, Radvanice, Bartovice, Hrabová, Nová Bělá, Stará Bělá,
Proskovice, Polanka nad Odrou, Krásné Pole, Plesná, Lhotka, Petřkovice) – CZK 40/person/journey
- the organiser reserves the right to refuse transport to inebriated and unruly visitors
8. Colours Without Barriers assistants:
- assistants are volunteers hired to facilitate the movement of our disabled visitors around the festival site, to accompany them and to act as their companions and guides to the festival programmes
- you can book an assistant who masters the basics of Czech Sign Language in advance
it is also possible book an assistant with special training to serve as guides for the visually impaired
- please be aware that our assistants do not provide personal assistance services for welfare needs (arranging food, help with hygiene, etc.)
- assistants are organised via the non-stop Colours Without Barriers phone line (+420 731 932 768), where those interested in assistance services can register
- assistants move around the festival site wearing Colours Without Barriers t-shirts
- this service is free of charge
9. Special equipment and facilities for wheelchair users:
- the Colours Without Barriers ticket office by the main entrance to the festival site – discounted tickets may only be purchased at this counter (with the exception of campsite accommodation, see point 5)
- special entrance for disabled visitors by the main entrance to the festival site, where these visitors are given priority service
- lockable wheelchair-accessible toilets (all ZTP and ZTP/P card holders will receive their own key at the Colours Without Barriers Info Point in exchange for a refundable deposit of CZK 100)
- wheelchair-accessible grandstands (one with a place exclusively reserved for wheelchair users, and a second only accessible to disabled visitors)
- all accessible areas on the festival site (Auditorium Gong, STC, Hlubina Mine) have wheelchair accessible toilets and lifts
- a wheelchair accessible shower located in the DOV visitor centre building (next to the blast furnace) designated for our disabled visitors only, opening hours: 18-21 July from 8 a.m. until the festival site closes
10. Practical guidebook with map:
- the festival organisers issue a special map of the festival site outlining all the areas designated for ZTP and ZTP/P card holders (wheelchair accessible toilets, grandstands, lifts, shower, tent city, car park, BB TAXI rank)
- the map, published in both Czech and English, features practical advice for disabled visitors to the Colours of Ostrava festival
- we also issue a practical guidebook in braille, complemented with a tactile plan of the site marking all the festival stages
- the guidebook and map are available free of charge from the Colours Without Barriers Info Point and at the special Colours Without Barriers ticket office
- if you decide to not only take a closer look around our festival but also Ostrava, then we will be happy to direct you to an interactive map of accessible parts of the city: https://mapy.ostrava.cz/mapa-pristupnosti/mapa/. It maps approximately 450 sites and is also adapted for touchscreen mobile phones.
11. Colours Without Barriers Information Centre:
from 15 May, the Colours Without Barriers contact e-mail address email@example.com and info line +420 731 932 768 will be in operation
by contacting us, you can obtain all necessary information concerning the Colours Without Barriers project and book any of the services described above
the telephone number for booking BB TAXI wheelchair-accessible transport is (+420) 732 253 505, and will be available from 10 July 2019
For increased comfort of our disabled visitors and disabled visitors requiring a guide during the festival, this year we have once again concentrated all important services in one place at the main entrance to the festival site. At this location, you will find an Info Point and the Colours Without Barriers ticket office, a wheelchair-accessible taxi rank and a car park reserved exclusively for disabled visitors, including those requiring a guide.
The Colours Without Barriers project is managed by:
- Mgr. Zuzana Janošová (vedoucí projektu)
- Mgr. Katarína Kijonková (koordinátorka projektu)
- Monika Macháčková (koordinátorka projektu)
For more details contact:
- general information: (+420) 731 932 768 (from 15 May 2019)
- BB TAXI bookings: (+420) 732 253 505 (from 10 July 2019)
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE REGULARLY CHECK OUR WEBSITE, AS SOME PROJECT-RELATED INFORMATION MAY BE UPDATED BEFORE THE FESTIVAL BEGINS.