Experience Colours of Ostrava
unconventionally in the world of op-art.
Currently, you can find works by the world‘s best artists in the fine-art scene, such as the founder of op-art Victor Vasarely, the unique guru of the particular arts Josef Albers or Getulio Alviani from Italy. As for the Czech artists, the museum features works by Jiří Kolář, Zdeněk Sýkora and, last but not least, David Boriani and Aurélie Nemours.Read more
Lecture: Josef Pleskot and Norbert Schmidt (CZE) - CROSSES BY ARTISTS AND ARCHITECTS OF THE 20th
AND 21st CENTURIES,
Friday 19/ 7/ 16:00–17:00
How some of leading Czech and global artists have perceived the theme of the cross. Norbert Schmidt, an architect and the head of the Theology and Arts Centre at the Charles University will show how deeply inspiring, yet diverse is the concept of the cross by such diverse artists as Henri Matisse, Joseph Beuys, Arnulf Rainer, Eduardo Chillida and others.
The architect Josef Pleskot will be another speaker on the cross theme. The discussions will include the installation of “Something Not Completed…” in Litomyšl, the procession cross for the Church of the Sacred Heart in Prague‘s Vinohrady, and the cross recently installed in the staircase space above the new gate of the Dominican Monastery in Prague‘s Old Town, among others.
Guided tours of the Milan Dobeš Museum 11:00–19:00
• A guided tour of the museum at every even hour.
• Tour duration 45–60 minutes.
• The last tour starts at 19:00.
• OP-ART: Be like Victor Vasaraly and create your own optical illusion.
• Building a City: Cities are built for many years and are made up of several parts. Children in the role of architects will try to build a city within this programme.